The legal system is often complex and intimidating. Many women have said to us that they would not have been able to get through the process without our support. That may just be advice and emotional support, however we can attend meetings with women or even attend on her behalf if appropriate.
- Attend court hearings or other appointments as appropriate with women
- Support before, during and after court hearings
- Organise a look around an empty court room
- Explain the terminology and procedures
- Introduce women to relevant key personnel and explain their roles
“Thank you so much for all your help and support. I couldn’t have got through it without you.” Woman supported by HALT.